Smart Monitoring Group handles hundreds of calls every day on a range of topics that include alcohol interlock licensing, the alcohol interlock programme, subsidies and pricing. Call recording is an important activity that helps us to ensure that our customer service meets your expectations and identify service improvements.
What is the purpose of recording calls?
We record calls:
- for staff training purposes
- to improve the quality of our customer service
- to ensure the information we provide is consistent and accurate
- for reporting on the types and numbers of enquiries we receive
- to ensure we have an accurate record of your call, which may be needed to support any transactions that take place over the phone and/or if there is a dispute.
Which calls are recorded?
- Inbound and outbound calls to and from our 0800 number. This includes calls made to our Head Office based in Maungaturoto.
- Direct-dialled calls to, and outbound calls from our Head Office.
- Calls transferred to extensions within our Head Office and remote locations.
Recording automatically stops when
- the call is disconnected or terminated
How can I contact Smart Start if I do not want to be recorded?
In the event that you do not wish your call to Smart Start to be recorded we recommend that you contact us by alternative means.
- In person: 10 Griffin Road, Maungaturoto, Northland
- By email: email@example.com
Storage of call recordings?
Calls are recorded using our phone system software. The recordings are stored securely until there is no further business need for them, following which they are securely destroyed.
Who has access to call recording information?
Call recording information is accessible only by authorised Smart Start personnel and only for the purposes indicated above. Call recordings may be disclosed in full or in part in response to requests. Requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis with the privacy interests of the individuals involved being given due consideration.
Can I request a copy of a recording?
You have the right to request access to and correction of any personal information that we hold about you. If you wish to request a copy of your call recording you may do so by contacting us.
Requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis with the privacy interests of the individuals involved being given due consideration.
The call recording will be provided electronically by email. If you prefer, we can provide a link to a password-protected folder accessible online, and share the password offline
In some circumstances, a written summary of the call recording may be provided, particularly if parts of the call recording are withheld. Your request will take approximately 10 working days to process.
The Privacy Officer
Smart Monitoring Group
10 Griffin Road
Phone 0800 002 182
If you are not satisfied with our response to your concern, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10094
Phone 0800 803 909
Fax 04 474 7590